Are you thinking about adding a deck to your backyard? Well, it’s the best place to spend the summer season. Here are the top frequently asked questions about a deck installation in Prior Lake, MN.
What Materials Are Decks Built From?
The best materials for decks include the following;
• Pressure-treated Wood – It is made out of fir permeated with insecticide agents and anti-rot materials. It is also pressure-treated as the name suggests.
• Cedar – It is made out of natural cedar bringing out unmatched beauty. It’s one of the favorite materials for most decks.
• Redwood – It’s strong, lightweight and very easy to work with.
• Vinyl – PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is one of the newest and popular decking materials. Most homeowners love PVC decks because they require little to no maintenance.
• Composite – They come in various colors and textures with some mimicking real wood.
• Ipe – It is a popular hardwood originating from South America. It’s a beautiful decking material that is durable and naturally resistant to rotting.
What Are The Best Deck Railings?
Are you building a new backyard deck? Well, don’t forget to add railings that will increase the aesthetic value in your home in Prior Lake, MN. The best railings are made out of the following materials.
• Wood – The standard deck railing consists of pickets, posts, top and bottom rails made out of wood.
• Metal – If you are on a budget, you can install pickets made out of different metals such as steel, iron and powder-coated aluminum. They can add style to your deck and can be combined with wood railings or added to a matching metal frame effortlessly.
• Glass – Balustrades or pickets can be made out of glass panels. They are the best choice to create a deck with a nice view.
• Cables – Another great way to ensure a great view of your backyard deck is by adding cables for railings. They create an open design allowing you to enjoy the breeze effortlessly.
• Composite – Yet another great railing material especially because it is cost-effective and low maintenance thereby becoming popular for most homeowners.
Can I Add A Fire Pit To My Deck?
Yes, you can add a gas fire pit but you need to make sure that an NFI certified professional installs it properly to avoid any accidents on the deck. Of course, you need to check the building codes in Prior Lake, MN and manufacturer requirements before adding any fire pit on your deck.
For instance, it’s not safe to add a wood-burning fire pit on a vinyl, composite or wooden deck. Keep in mind that fire pits produce radiant heat and the pit will become very hot. The heat can be easily transferred to the deck before starting a fire. Place the fire pit in an area in your yard away from the deck.
What Are The Best Reasons For Adding A Deck To Your Home?
Are you wondering whether or not adding a deck is a great idea? Here are some of the benefits of adding a deck to your Prior Lake home.
• Improve Value – Any professional addition to your home including a deck will improve the value of your home when you choose to sell it.
• Functionality – Patio spaces and decks offer more functionality to your home. You can enjoy various outdoor living benefits all year round without any worries.
• Extra Livable Space – Adding a deck to your home will increase the livable space effortlessly.
• Improving Aesthetics – You can make your backyard beautiful in many ways by adding a pergola, a garden, new lawns, privacy fencing or a deck.
• Low Maintenance – Compared to the other rooms in your home, your deck is actually low maintenance and requires very little to no effort to keep it looking great.
How Can You Make Your Deck Safe At Night?
If you love spending evenings on your deck, here are some security and safety options you should consider.
• Post Cap Lights – You can enhance the visibility on your deck by adding recessed deck post cap lights.
• Under Deck Railing – You can add solar-powered or LED lights underneath the railing to create a soft and romantic glow. To create a better visual pop at night, you can combine the post cap lights with the under deck railing lighting.
• Stair Lighting – Don’t forget to add lighting to the stairs on your deck
• Spotlights – Installing outside spotlights will offer concentrated lighting on specific areas on your deck.
• Lanterns – They are the best lighting choice because they are affordable, effective and stylish.
• Christmas Lights – You can use string lights at any time of the year to light up your deck.
• In-floor Lighting – Recessed lighting installed in the floorboards will light up the whole deck effortlessly.
• Solar – You can choose portable solar lights to move around the space in your deck without any hassles.
Contact us today for a free estimate!
We would be glad to put together a competitive yet quality estimate that will give you what you want at an affordable price.